Best Bed Sleep Position For Healthy Face Skin

Early last year, I started experiencing increased wrinkles on my face. While I thought I was only growing old, the lines kept increasing, and I had to look for a solution. The first thing I did was to change the soap and body lotion that I was using.
What I didn’t know is that wrinkles are mostly caused by loss of elasticity and collagen. Lack of these two elements in the body reduces skin volume. So, by placing my head on a pillow continually, I caused the collagen to break down, eventually causing visible lines. I founded that sleeping on your back is the best way to prevent those fine lines from appearing on your face.

But Why Should You Sleep On Your Back?

If you are a stomach or side sleeper, you will put a lot of stress on your face. I realized that, over time, this causes unwanted lines. The best way to prevent this is by resting on your back to avoid putting your face through suck kind of pressure. I know this is not easy because it’s hard to control one’s sleep movements. However, follow these tips, and you’ll improve your skin using this sleep position:

a)    Buy a Special Kind Of Pillow!

You could always buy a unique night pillow to help you rest at night if you’re not used to such a sleep position. It does a whole lot of stuff such as reducing wrinkles; it supports clean skin and assists in hydrating the skin cells.
I found that one of the best-contoured pillows is the JuveRest Sleep Wrinkle Pillow. It works on all types of beds and reduces sleep lines by minimizing facial contact. You could also use those cozy pillows we usually find in airplanes. What I liked most about them is that you can sleep comfortably on your back without rolling on your side!

b)    You Can Also Improve Your Pillowcase

As it got more difficult sleeping on my back, I also opted to get a new pillowcase. Here, I knew that I had to change from cotton to either satin or silk. I learned that changing to these materials causes less traction meaning that your face will only ‘slide’ on the pillow surface.

c)    Look For a Comfortable Mattress

No matter what I did, I still couldn’t sleep comfortably on my back. This was when I discovered that I was not sleeping on a bed that’s already ‘used’ to my usual sleeping position. So, by introducing a new sleep position, I had to give it time to adjust. But with different varieties of mattresses today, waiting was just too much to ask!
If you find yourself in a similar situation, go shopping! You’ll find varieties of memory foam, innerspring and latex mattresses. However, for proper face skin, remember to pick a bed with a silk top. Avoid cotton as it gets too much contact with your face!

d)    Apply Some Night Cream

Sleeping on your back allows you to apply just about anything on your face and still sleep comfortably. By keeping your face free from surface contact, it will enable you to use Retinol which is a vitamin A component that increases collagen, preventing those fine offensive lines.
Such night creams are ultra-moisturizing lotions that are unbearable during the day. Although I’ve not used them, I’ve learned that they have Hyaluronic acid which makes the skin firm and plump.
best bed sleep position for healthy face skin
As I conclude, I know telling you to change your usual sleep position sounds a bit unfair. But, to improve your skin texture and reduce wrinkles, you’ll have to take such bold steps. Luckily, you won’t have to struggle with back sleeping. Just go through these simple tips, and you’ll sleep comfortably and maintain a healthy, young and beautiful face!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Could homeopathic medicine be dangerous?

Baby yoga and yoga massages

The best homemade potato face masks for real natural skin